5G Launched in India – Latest List of 5G Cities In India – 2023
5G– the next generation of mobile broadband– was officially launched in India on 1st October 2022 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Soon after, 5G connectivity is being made available in many cities in India. The three major telecom operators launching 5G network are Airtel, Jio and Vodafone. Initially, Airtel launched 5G services (Airtel 5G Plus) in eight Indian cities within October 2022 namely, Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Siliguri, Nagpur and Varanasi. Reliance Jio also launched 5G services within October 2022 in Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Kolkata.
If you’re interested to know the full list of 5G cities in India, check out the list below.
Updated: Latest List of 5G Cities In India – 2023
JIO: Latest List of 5G Cities In India (updated 01/02/2023)
It may be noted that Jio 5G services is in beta mode and not all users living in the 5G launched cities will get direct access to the network themselves. Jio will send a invite to users when the network is ready to use in their specific area.
ANDHRA PRADESH : Eluru ,Guntur ,Kakinada ,Kurnool ,Nellore ,Tirumala ,Tirupati ,Vijayawada ,Visakhapatnam,
ASSAM : Guwahati ,Silchar
BIHAR : Muzaffarpur ,Patna
CHANDIGARH : Chandigarh
CHHATTISGARH : Bhilai ,Durg ,Raipur
DELHI : Delhi
GUJARAT : Ahmedabad , Ahwa , Amreli , Anand , Bharuch , Bhavnagar , Bhuj , Botad , Chhota Udaipur , Dahod , Godhra , Himatnagar , Jamnagar , Junagadh , Kalol , Khambalia , Lunawada , Mehsana , Modosa , Morbi , Nadiad , Navsari , Palanpur , Patan , Porbandar , Rajkot , Rajpipla , Surat , Vadodara , Valsad , Veraval , Vyara , Wadhwan
JHARKHAND : Jamshedpur , Ranchi
HARYANA : Faridabad , Gurugram , Panchkula
KARNATAKA : Belgaum , Bellary , Bengaluru , Bidar , Bijapur , Davanagere , Gadag-Betageri , Hospet , Hubli-Dharwad , Kalaburagi , Mangalore , Manipal , Mysuru , Shivamogga , Udupi
KERALA : Cherthala , Guruvayur Temple , Kannur , Kochi , Kollam , Kottayam , Kozhikode , Malappuram , Palakkad , Thrissur , Trivandrum
MADHYA PRADESH : Bhopal , Gwalior , Indore , Jabalpur , Mahakaleshwar Jyotirlinga , Shri Mahakaal Mahalok , Ujjain
MAHARASHTRA : Ahmednagar , Amravati , Aurangabad , Mumbai , Nagpur , Nashik , Pune , Solapur
ODISHA : Bhubaneshwar , Brahmapur , Cuttack , Rourkela
PUNJAB : Derabassi , Kharar , Ludhiana , Mohali , Zirakpur
RAJASTHAN : Jaipur , Jodhpur , Nathdwara , Udaipur
TAMIL NADU : Chennai , Coimbatore , Hosur , Madurai , Salem , Tiruchirappalli , Tiruppur , Vellore
TELANGANA : Hyderabad , Karimnagar , Khammam , Nizamabad , Warangal
UTTARAKHAND : Dehradun
UTTAR PRADESH : Agra , Bareilly , Ghaziabad , Kanpur , Lucknow , Meerut , Noida , Prayagraj , Varanasi
WEST BENGAL : Kolkata , Siliguri
Update – 30 Jan 2023
Jio 5G services launched in Northeast India
Jio 5G services has been launched in seven cities spread across six states in the Northeast. Jio True 5G was made available in
- Arunachal Pradesh: Itanagar
- Manipur: Imphal,
- Meghalaya: Shillong
- Mizoram: Aizawl,
- Nagaland: Kohima and Dimapur
- Tripura: Agartala.
Update -31st Jan 2023
Jio 5G launched in 34 new cities as on 31st Jan 2023
JIO 5G services have been launched in the following cities as on 31st January 2023. 225 cities covered as on 31 January 2023.
- Andhra Pradesh: Ananthapuramu, Bhimavaram, Chirala, Guntakal, Nandyal, Tenali
- Assam: Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Tezpur
- Bihar: Gaya
- Chhattisgarh: Ambikapur, Dhamtari
- Haryana: Thanesar, Yamunanagar
- Karnataka: Chitradurga
- Maharashtra: Jalgaon, Latur
- Odisha: Balangir, Nalco
- Punjab: Jalandhar, Phagwara
- Rajasthan: Ajmer
- Tamil Nadu: Cuddalore, Dindigul, Kancheepuram, Karur, Kumbakonam, Nagercoil, Thanjavur, Tiruvannamalai
- Telangana: Adilabad, Mahabubnagar, Ramagundam
- Uttar Pradesh: Mathura
How to sign up for Jio Welcome Offer
Users in 5G launched cities will be invited to the Jio Welcome Offer. To sign up for the Welcome offer,
- Install the MyJio application from Play Store or App Store
- Log in with your Jio number. Then, head over to the main page of the app.
- You will see a prompt that lets you see details about the Jio True 5G Welcome Offer along with instructions on how to be eligible for the same.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the app to sign up for the offer.
- Eligibility will be confirmed via text alert after user has signed up successfully.
Jio launches its first-ever 5G data pack
Jio has launched its first 5G data pack, which costs Rs 61 and offers 6GB of high-speed data, post which speeds will be reduced to 64 kbps. It is applicable on Rs 119, Rs 149, Rs 179, Rs 199 and Rs 209 prepaid plans.
How to connect your smartphone to Jio 5G
- If you have already received the JIO welcome offer, you need to change your phone settings to connect to the 5G network.
- to connect to 5G Network, go to your phone Settings menu > go to network settings > network mode > and then switch to 5G.
AIRTEL: Latest List of 5G Cities In India
Airtel 5G services have been launched in more than 20 cities in India as of 17 January 2023. Here is the list of Airtel 5G cities state wise.
ANDHRA PRADESH : Visakhapatnam
ASSAM : Guwahati
BIHAR : Patna
DELHI : Delhi
GUJARAT : Ahmedabad
HARYANA : Gurugram , Panipat, Hisar, Rohtak
HIMACHAL PRADESH: Shimla
KARNATAKA : Bengaluru
MADHYA PRADESH : Indore
MAHARASHTRA : Mumbai , Nagpur , Pune
ODISHA : Bhubaneshwar
TAMIL NADU : Chennai
TELANGANA : Hyderabad
UTTAR PRADESH : Agra , Kanpur , Lucknow , Meerut , Prayagraj , Varanasi, Gorakhpur
WEST BENGAL : Siliguri
# jio 5g cities
# 5g network in india list
# airtel 5g cities
# 5g network in india