Windows OS comes with its own browser from Microsoft. Earlier it used to be Internet Explorer. Now on Windows 10, the default browser is Microsoft Edge though Internet Explorer is still available in Windows 10. Edge sports a sleeker, more modern look, aesthetically appealing user interface, and other fancy new features. Microsoft Edge is a good modern browser, however, if you wish to change the default browser in Windows 10 to some other browser of your choice like Google Chrome, Firefox or Opera, then we shall see how to do that in Windows 10.
By the way, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome are both built on open-source Chromium. If we look up on the internet, there would be many articles and reports about which browser is the best. At the end of the day, most common browser are good and it all comes down to your needs and which browser you feel comfortable using.
Change the default browser in Windows 10
So, to change the default browser in Windows 10, do the following:
- Click on the Start button, and type ‘Default apps‘.
- In the search results, select Default apps.
- Scroll down till you find ‘Web browser‘ and click on the existing browser selected as default browser. You will get a prompt with list of other browser in your computer.
- Select the browser of your choice (Eg. Chrome) from the available list.
The default browser will be changed to the selected browser. When you click links, the link should now open in the selected default browser. To switch back to Microsoft Edge, you can repeat the steps above.
Want to change default email client, music player, video player, etc. in Windows 10?
Similarly, if you want to change the default email client, default music player, video player, photo viewer, etc. you can follow the same steps above, and select the program of your choice for each of the above features.
For example, ‘Groove’ is the default music player in Windows 10. But if you have other music player installed, then you can change it by changing it in the default apps settings as described above.
Still want to use Internet Explorer in Windows 10?
Internet Explorer 11 is still available in Windows 10 as it is a built-in feature. So you do not need to install it.
To open Internet Explorer in Windows 10:
- Click Start Start and enter Internet Explorer in Search.
- Select Internet Explorer (app) from the results.
Can’t find Internet Explorer in Windows 10?
Although IE should be available in Windows 10 by default, if you cannot find it in Windows 10, then you can add it. Like we mentioned before, IE is included in Windows by default. So, you do not need to download and install it as it is already there. You just have to enable it.
- Click Start > Search , and enter ‘Windows features’.
- Select Turn Windows features on or off
- Wait for the features to load
- Find Internet Explorer 11 in the list of Windows Features and selected it.
- Click OK, and restart your computer.
# how to set chrome as default browser in windows 10
# default browser windows 10
# how do i stop microsoft edge from being the default browser
# can’t set Firefox as default browser windows 10
# how to change default browser windows 7