There was a time when website owners used to manually insert Google Adsense Code on websites to monetize. Then came Google Auto Ads, where Google automatically places ads on your website. While Google Auto ads is great, ads may still appear on regions where you may not prefer to show ads. In this post, we will see how to remove Google Auto Ads from undesired locations.
Google Auto ads offer a simple and innovative way for you to monetize. With Google Auto ads, you place one piece of code, and Google ads will appear across your site. Google Auto ads scans your site and automatically place ads where they’re likely to perform well and potentially generate more revenue.
While manually adding Google Adsense code gives the website owner exclusive control where to display ads, it may be tedious if you want to experiment with various ad layout, size and frequency. Google Adsense Auto Ads also has its own benefits.
Benefits of using Google Adsense Auto
- Easy to use as website owners need to place one piece of ad code to get started. You do not need to manually add Google Adsense Code at different places.
- Auto adjust ad size – Google Auto ads will automatically adjust to the space available and changes in site layouts.
- Potentially increase your revenue as Auto ads analyze your pages and find new places to show ads based on your layout, content, and existing Google ads.
- Control over where ads appear on your site from Google Adsense Ad settings.
- Google Auto ads are mobile friendly. Auto ads automatically adjust to every screen size.
How to remove Google Auto Ads from undesired locations
Though Google Auto Ads has its benefits, there are instances where Google Auto Ads may appear at undesired locations such as on the header, which you may want to keep clean. Or in between the footer menus.
Thankfully, you can remove Google Auto Ads from undesired locations by following the steps below.
- Log in to your Google Adsense Account
- Click on Ads on the left hand side
- You will see the list of sites where your Google Adsense is applied.
- Click on the pencil icon to edit the site settings
- You will come to Ad Preview Settings page
- Here you can preview the appearance of Google Auto Ads for mobile as well as for desktop
- Check the appearance of Google Auto ads and click on the delete icon wherever you do not want Google Auto ads to appear.
- On the right hand side you can choose the type of ads. At ‘Ad Load’ you can also change the number of ads to display by moving the slider between ‘min’ and ‘max’. For better user experience, ads may be kept at optimum.
- Click Apply to Site when you are done.
If Google Auto Ads still appear at some other undesired locations, come to the ad preview settings page again, and re-adjust.
# how to remove Google Auto Ads from undesired locations
# minimize Google Adsense Auto Ads
# stop Google Adsense Auto Ads
# Change Google Auto Ads settings