Microsoft Intune is a product from Microsoft which helps organizations manage access to corporate apps, data, and resources. Company Portal is the app that lets an employee of a company, securely access those resources. The Intune Company Portal is a provides access to corporate apps and resources from almost any network. This post is about how to uninstall the Intune Company Portal Android app as it cannot be uninstalled simply like other Android app on your phone.
The Company Portal Android App cannot be uninstalled normally like other Android apps. As it is installed as a Device Administrator. Therefore, the uninstall process is slightly different from that of regular Android Apps. This post does not cover the installation or the configuration of the app which should ideally be setup with the help of the company’s IT support. In this post, we shall see only the uninstallation process in Android devices.
Watch this short demo video or read on to see how to uninstall the Intune Company Portal App from Android devices
The Intune Company Portal App cannot be uninstalled like regular apps by dragging the app icon to “Uninstall” or by clicking on “Uninstall” button from Google Play Store. In fact, when we check Google Play store, the “Uninstall” button is not available. Instead “Deactivate” is shown, which only displays a message but does nothing.
To uninstall Intune Company Portal App, follow the process below:
1) Open Settings on your phone
2) If you can search in the Settings, search for “Device Administrators”, or “Administrator” etc. The actual placement of the menu may vary from device to device.
3) Within the “Device Administrator” settings, the “Intune Company Portal App” should be listed as “Device Administrators”.
4) Uncheck or un-select – whatever the options are available on your device and accept any prompt actions to Confirm the deactivation
5) After that, truninstall the “Intune Company Portal App” like any other Android App or uninstall from Google Play Store.